Sunday, August 2, 2009

Ants

We just had a nightmare of an evening. Fire ants somehow got into the side of our back door and built a nest. Then out of nowhere when my son went outside, then attacked him. We didn't know about the nest..it was like they came out of nowhere. Luckily I caught my son as his legs where getting covered with ants. He sustained about 50 bites. I have him on an antihistamine (precaution) and topical relief and he seems to be fine. Poor little man, he's only 17 months old!

And me, I only got one bite while I was taking the ants off him. But the one bite caused me to swell up like crazy...more antihistamine. I feel like such a wimp compared to him, but I am the one that started with the allergic reaction on one bite!

Ugh..and later that same evening I dropped a power block on my toe and I think it's broken, it's swelling up too and I can't move it. It is finally time for this day to be over!! I got so stressed out, I started eating a ton of chocolate...

2 comments:

  1. oh, man. What a way to ruin a day!

    I was thinking about you all day today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. how are you both doing since the ant attack?

    ReplyDelete