Sunday, June 7, 2009

The Kids and I This Weekend

Daddy needs some space this weekend so he could finish putting in the Pergo floors...or at least get most of it done. So, the kiddo's and I left the house Saturday and Sunday in search of adventure.

On Saturday, we went to Grapevine Mills Outlet Mall. I thought it wouldn't be bad to hang out there for the day and there are rides and family bathrooms/nursing stations. For the most part it was fun except we did manage to spend $25.00 and come back with nothing...mostly food and snacks which I should have packed and a few rides. The kiddo's were really tired and I had my first workout in 4 years. Why, because I did not want to pay $4.00 to rent a cart so I carried Colton for the first hour then finally gave in, or my arms gave up. It's not like he's just willing to be carried, he's a real squirmer. Later in the evening we spent time at the park.

Sunday we went to "Going Bonkers" after nap, Farrah and Colton played in the 3 and under area for the most part. I thought, hey this is a better idea then the mall and it only cost $6.00 admission for all of us, but then some older kids around 8 came into the small kid area and start throwing around large objects, hence we left quickly. I suppose I should have said something but I am not really confrontational. Later in the evening, we blew up the kiddie pool and played in the backyard.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I'm not confrontational, either. I remember situations like that, and having to leave because no one is watching the wild older kids as they jump on yours.

    ReplyDelete