Monday, April 6, 2009

Charity At Work

Today we all ate in at work in order to raise money for a Shelter in Arlington. I have to admit, I was impressed with the charity. Hamburgers and hotdogs were served, and any suggested donation was accepted. Someone at work actually told me they were serving free food downstairs so he made out with some of it. I was kind of upset, who steals from a Charity?

So, I was able to eat lunch with my favorite "talking" buddy. We haven't had a chance to eat lunch together since I have been working a lot of OT. We talked a lot about donating, and how sometimes people try to profit off of others good will. An example was milk donations. There is a charity organization who takes in milk donations then sells them to a profit making company, who then sells them to the hospitals who I am sure mark it up and sell it to you and I. This is why I did not join this organization in the past, however, it makes me wonder how many of us make donations and then someone else takes it and abuses a free gift.

Well..updates on the kiddos:

Colton was up a lot again last night, thankfully Daddy took another night shift, so mommy was able to sleep. I am keeping my fingers crossed for tonight, it's my shift!I gave him some Motrin before bed, I can see his teeth cutting all over.

Farrah got another nose bleed, somehow Colton smacked her in the face by accident. However, they are fighting more and more these days. Always about the same toy. Ugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment