Saturday, April 18, 2009

Colton, Some History, A False Scare

For those family and friends that may not know some of what Colton went through in his first year. I will try to give some back history.

At about 2 months old, Colton went in to have X-rays for a number of issues the Dr. was concerned about. Well, when we went to take the X-rays, my husband had to wait and get more and more done. Finally, we were told they suspected Intestinal Malrotation. I think it was his Cecum that wasn't showing up on the X-ray. After multiple Dr. opinions, they all concluded he needed surgery right away. Well, that did not feel right to me, I prayed and prayed. We decided to get yet another set of opinions but I told my husband I wanted new X-rays and a completely different place. So, my husband took Colton for another drawn out X-ray session (but this time he drank double the amount of that radioactive drink) only to find out his Cecum showed up perfectly this time. The Dr said there was no reason to operate. (Thank God!). It's always been a scary thought to think he almost had surgery for nothing at 2 months old.

1 comment: