Sunday, April 12, 2009

Colton Started Chewing

This weekend was a big day for Colton who is 13 1/2 months. He started trying to chew on Honey Nut Cheerios. Given that he was 3-6 months behind in his oral development, this was a big step for us. Nonetheless, I fed him Cheerios all weekend. Yes, instead of trying to dissolve them in his month, he was actually chewing! Next thing you know, he'll be off mushy table or baby food! All it in good time I guess. The Dr. does not want to start his therapy until he's at least 15 months old lest it cause the opposite "rebel" reaction. And, given that he ate so many Cheerios, he didn't get up in the night screaming. He was whining a bit, but that is nothing compared to what we have been going through lately.

Colton is starting to show signs of personality too. He is fighting his sister over many issues. This is definitely a new era for life for us. My husband says, it's good to see he is finally sticking up for himself. I guess he has a good point, but the easy going Colton is gone.

Farrah enjoyed her simple Easter, we did not do much. Mostly because I have been recovering from sickness all weekend and needed sleep. Sadly, I did not even get to some Easter crafts with her, but that is life I guess.

1 comment:

  1. Yay Colton!

    What sort of things do you do with Farrah for Easter crafts? Does she get a basket or anything like that? I know you are really against materialism, so I was wondering how you resist all that stuff that goes on this time of year. It's been on my mind a lot (for our kids), lately.

    ReplyDelete