Saturday, April 18, 2009

Easter Continued

I spent the week eating chocolate which sounds odd because we didn't buy the children anything for Easter. I did intend to so some crafts with her..ie we were going to make crosses out of Popsicle sticks then possibly we would have gone to the park.

Papa (Rick's dad) brought one basket each with some chocolates in it and their God parents brought over some chocolate. So between the two, I think I gained a few pounds and Farrah and Colton got more then we had intended but I am not going to get that picky about things. Thankfully, all of it is now gone. Both children did get a small Easter egg hunt as school, otherwise, we may have taken them to our community Easter egg hunt. Maybe...

It's true, we do try to downplay the entire consumerism part of most holiday's. It has helped that we have traded in our Direct TV for an Antenna with Netflix added. Farrah just isn't exposed to the advertisements. She wants things that Rick and I have, not what is on TV. So yes, there are downfalls, she would love a Blackberry because Rick and I both have one from work, she thinks it's cool. (That doesn't mean she'll get one), but she does like to carry around her play cell phone.

No comments:

Post a Comment