Sunday, March 15, 2009

First Blog, for Connie

OK, I have finally decided to start a blog. I am unsure what I am going to write about on my first go but those of you who know me, know there is one thing I am passionate about.

1. Being a real Christian

Not just one that goes to church on Sunday then hides behind Capitalism as an excuse for being greedy and uncaring. Although, it is easier for me to say this, since I grew up in a country with Nationalized Health care. I grew up believing you shouldn't get rich of some one's bad health in spite of whether you are Christian or not. Health care is a right, not a privilege. This was not just part of my upbringing, but part of my society as a whole.

So for today, I suppose I need to get out some of the hurt I feel for many people here in the US. It scares me having two young children who are American, that they too may be a statistic one day...unemployed, or with limited health care like so many Americans today.

It was clear in the new testament that "Love thy neighbour" did not mean a lot of things that I am finding we all live by today. Maybe for me, this blog will be a journey of self discovery, or maybe it will turn out to be nothing.

1 comment: