Sunday, March 15, 2009

Ist Day, Goodwill Industries

Today I took my daughter and we had a blast at Goodwill. I went to look for pants for myself and for her, but we ended up buying a ton of other fun items. (One pair of pants for me.) I did splurge and bought myself a new purse. This is unlike me, I use the same purse everyday until it's warn out or my husband buys me a new one. Today somehow in my head I justified it because the money goes to a good cause. For those of you who haven't been, I strongly encourage you to not only donate but to shop at the Goodwill. You are not only recycling (being good to the earth God has given you) but the Goodwill does a ton of good things for society as a whole. You can google them and read about it yourself. It's WIN WIN for a Christian. Also, there is nothing more exciting then using those hunting and/or gathering instincts for hours on end looking for hidden treasures. So today, there were a few treasures, including a new pair of $150 work shoes which I purchased for $3.00. About a month ago, I purchased a pair of shoes for $3.00 that would retail new for $300 in almost mint condition. It is also important for me for my daughter to learn how to thrift shop while we connect as mother and daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment